ME (and MH double return/drywall) Double Egress frames are designed to permit the flow of traffic in two directions through the same opening. These frames meet requirements for heavy to maximum duty, Level 2-4 applications in both commercial and institutional buildings. They are installed at interior locations, and in virtually all types of buildings and wall constructions.
These frames are specified and supplied as KD (knock-down) for field assembly before installation, or welded for installation as a complete unit.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Strength, durability and ease of installation
- Attractive, tight and closed die-mitered corner connection; miter includes four corner tabs designed with concealed connection, eliminating need for continuous profile welding
- Patented universal hinge preparations allow for easy field conversion from standard weight .134” (3.3 mm) thick hinges to heavyweight .180” (4.7 mm) hinges
- Factory prepared for field-installed silencers
Exceeds industry standards
- Republic is SDI Certified through regular audits to ensure manufacturing, performance and quality standard set by the Steel Door Institute
- Overall frame construction exceeds ANSI A250.8-2017 (SDI-100), the standard set by SDI specifying sizes, design, materials, construction, finishing and performance for standard commercial steel doors and frames
- Hardware preparations and reinforcements meet ANSI A250.6-2003, and locations meet ANSI/DHI A115, unless otherwise stated
- Frames meet fire rating requirements; they are listed for installations requiring compliance to both neutral pressure testing (ASTM E152 and UL-10B) and positive pressure standards (UL-10C)
- Factory-applied baked-on rust inhibiting primer meets ANSI A250.10-2011
Masonry applications separating two inline corridors and mounted parallel to the corridor in order to control 2-direction traffic.
Technical Data Guide
For more information, download the Republic Technical Data Manual.
- ME-DE (Pages 113-114) & MH-DE (Pages 115-116) includes construction, anchors, hardware locations, and handing; general ME/MH-DE (p 66, 68), with lead lined (p 82), fire ratings (p 93, 100), miscellaneous TOC (p 107), paint (p 117-118), specification 08110 (p 67, 131-135)