BUILT TO LAST
Republic Doors and Frames has a long history as one of the nation's leading manufacturers of commercial steel doors and frames. Republic's manufacturing and offices occupy 240,000 square feet on 33 acres in McKenzie, Tennessee. The McKenzie factory is strategically located halfway between Memphis and Nashville approximately 25 miles north of Interstate 40 (I-40). Republic's doors and frames are marketed in all 50 states and in several other countries through a network of stocking distributors and company owned service centers.
HISTORY OF REPUBLIC
- 1920 – Truscon Steel established in Youngstown, Ohio
- 1920-1935 – Republic Steel was a major customer of Truscon Steel
- 1959 – Republic Steel purchased Truscon Steel and continued to sell products under Truscon name until the early 1960's
- 1963 - Republic Builders Products Corporation was born as a wholly owned subsidiary of Republic Steel Corporation
- 1976 – Republic Builders Products moved from Youngstown, Ohio to McKenzie, Tennessee
- 1984 – Republic Steel was acquired by LTV
- 1985 – Desco Corporation purchased Republic from LTV
- 2017 – Republic Doors & Frames acquired by Allegion
Republic Doors & Frames is part of the Allegion family of brands. Allegion (NYSE: ALLE) is a global pioneer in safety and security, with leading brands like CISA®, Interflex®, LCN®, Schlage®, SimonsVoss® and Von Duprin®. Focusing on security around the door and adjacent areas, Allegion produces a range of solutions for homes, businesses, schools and other institutions. Allegion is a $2 billion company, with products sold in almost 130 countries. For more, visit www.allegion.com.